Sunday, August 26, 2012

Past few days

There's not been a whole lot going on with us. Jared has been working a lot and has not had a full day off in 2 weeks and don't know when his next day off will be. So, it's just been me and the girls a lot, but when daddy gets home we make the best of our time!

She adores her daddy and he adores her.....just look at her face, she is one happy girl with her daddy!


I believe I was cleaning the kitchen and Jared was "watching" the girls for me. This is what I found a few minutes later! Poor guy, he can never seem to get caught up on sleep! But, it sure made for a sweet picture!


Brooklyn enjoying her play mat. She tried to roll over, but couldn't quite figure it out. She has got really good at reaching for toys and grabbing them! 


Oh and her new favorite thing is eating those sweet feet! She can stay pretty happy and occupied with her feet for a good 30 minutes sometimes.


Of course her fingers are just as good! 


Playing ball with daddy one evening. It rained one afternoon and Kinley LOVED playing in the rain. She may or may not have ended up naked in the back yard dancing in the rain....;)


Friday night we went to the store and came home with this! I'm thinking she's ready. I've done a lot of reading on potty training and she shows all the signs for being ready. I got some M&M's for rewards. I'm going to try the 3 day naked training. I might start tomorrow. I don't want to force it if she's not ready. We will see....


We went to church this morning. Jared has only been able to go with us once. It is hard going by myself, but that's one thing I promised myself, that I would go. I love going to church and it gives me something to look forward every week. It is kinda hard finding a church on my own for us. But, we've been going to the same one for a month now and I really like it. I'm planning on starting Sunday school class next weekend.  I've been taking the girls to the nursery.  Poor Kinley is going through separation anxiety and cries every time I take her. Today she started to cry as we were walking into the church building. I feel so bad leaving her and it brakes my heart. The only thing I know to do is keep taking her and she will get better. They said she did a lot better today and didn't cry for too long. When I picked her up she was having fun and playing with bubbles, so that made me feel better.  And I know they will text me if they need me to get her, which has happened once. 


 I had a 25% coupon to Old Navy that I wanted to use. So, I hit up mainly the sale rack. Got the girls some stuff for next year, Kinley some leggings and a dress for the Fall.  I got all of this (12 items) for $55 bucks. I thought that was pretty good, it averages a little over $4 for each item. I'm really not a fan of character shirts, but Kinley loves Elmo and I thought this one was tastefully done. It's for her birthday on Friday! Still can't believe she will be 2!!!


Afterwards, we went next door to the book store. Goodness, you would've thought this girl walked into a candy store! Kinley kept saying "book, mommy, read book" and bringing me books.  I plan on taking her to story time a the library this week. Something that's been on my "things to do" list for a while. 


Brooklyn had fun reading books too! :)


When Jared got off work tonight, we enjoyed a yummy mexican dinner out. When we pulled into the restaurant parking lot, Kinley said "i wanna eat mommy" "i hungry". I thought it was funny she recognized we were going to go eat out. While we were eating she leaned over next to me and said cheeeeese mommy, so daddy took our picture. 


Looking forward to the week and celebrating Kinley's birthday on Friday! I'm making her an Elmo cake! Wish me luck! :)















No comments:

Post a Comment